cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three Home Broadband: Zyxel NR5103E drops connection and WILL NOT RECONNECT AUTOMATICALLY

Involved

Extremely frustrating - every time it rains, the router drops connection and DOES NOT RECONNECT automatically. It has to be rebooted manually, which you can only do from home.

If you're away from home and rely on your home broadband to monitor your home and your pets, you're screwed. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Best solution
Best solution
devaraja
Active

hi @JonathanB , i dont thing the change was done on the router, because:

1. i check the APN and the wan setting before and after the talk with the support team and there was no change.
  2. i did manually change it to ipv4 explusively, then to ipv4+ipv6 and the speed was the same
  3. i did a factory reset on the modem just in case, and did all the manual change below including the apn address and ap IP version and still the speed was the same.

Only afthe the second chat with the level 2 support. i managed to regain the speed.

View solution in conversation

92 REPLIES 92
Waggers
Regular

I can understand Three's problem here (although I don't like it one little bit).  I suspect Three are reliant on Zyxel to fix the firmware issue.  However, what I don't understand is why Three insist I have to carry on paying for a service that isn't being provided.

For me, this has done fatal damage to their reputation. 

Involved

Three then need to sort this out with Zyxel. I am taking this to the Ombudsman in the meantime.

Adi_three
Fledgling

Any updates on that issue? Getting it daily with a NR5103e

Involved

Zero help or updates from Three. I suggest everyone raises an official complaint with customer services. If this is not fixed, take it to the ombudsman and ask for a fix and compensation. 

Neil
Active

The dropping connection on pretty much all their routers is an absolute joke and means you get an abysmal service. 

What's worse is when you speak to support they gaslight you and make you think you're the first person to experience this. 

Involved

100%. Shame on you, Three! I have been in touch with customer services numerous times. Zero assistance. They have no idea what you're talking about. @JohnD 

Neil
Active

I'd finally had enough when the connection dropped yet again in the middle of an important teams meeting for work, so contacted support one last time - they checked through everything again, and eventually said my signal was weak and that was causing the disconnections.

When I pointed out the router still thought it was connected with excellent signal strength when the connection stopped working, they said it was still because the signal was weak..?!

So they offered me a free of charge early end of contract to move to another provider.

I sorted out another provider and contacted them to cancel, and it took over an hour to get this simple task done - they insisted on checking my router and signal again and then said I'd have to pay an exit fee - I kept telling them there was a note on my account from my previous contact saying it was FOC and pasted the details but they would then pass me onto another agent, and so on - it was incredibly frustrating.

Eventually I got sick of the roundabout of agents and said just cancel my contract like you promised to and they literally cut my account off there and then in the middle of the chat!  I had to reconnect on the new provider to continue, and when I checked the router I'd received a text from three saying they were charging me £219!!!

I went back and mentioned this to the agent and he said not to worry just ignore it there's no charge - but I would be lying if I said I believed or trusted him based on the previous fiasco.

So I'm waiting to be charged £219 for a FOC contract exit, and then the hassle of trying to get that sorted.

I used to really like three, I had multiple mobile contract and sims for the family under my account and my mobile broadband, but the service, and more importantly, awful support, has meant I now have 0 accounts with three anymore - and I'm just glad to not be involved with the company anymore.

Just awful all round.

Involved

So sorry you've had this experience. I'm thinking of doing the same - it's just not worth the hassle being with Three.

DC31
Fledgling

I have the exact same problem except mine doesn't seem to matter whether it rains or not. I have been with 3 for a month and it has, quite frankly, been a disaster. My security system relies on it so if this is not fixed very shortly I will taking it further.

Involved

Mine went down again the other day when it was raining just a tiny bit. ZERO fixes or updates from Three. @JonathanB