cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three Home Broadband: Zyxel NR5103E drops connection and WILL NOT RECONNECT AUTOMATICALLY

Involved

Extremely frustrating - every time it rains, the router drops connection and DOES NOT RECONNECT automatically. It has to be rebooted manually, which you can only do from home.

If you're away from home and rely on your home broadband to monitor your home and your pets, you're screwed. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Best solution
Best solution
devaraja
Active

hi @JonathanB , i dont thing the change was done on the router, because:

1. i check the APN and the wan setting before and after the talk with the support team and there was no change.
  2. i did manually change it to ipv4 explusively, then to ipv4+ipv6 and the speed was the same
  3. i did a factory reset on the modem just in case, and did all the manual change below including the apn address and ap IP version and still the speed was the same.

Only afthe the second chat with the level 2 support. i managed to regain the speed.

View solution in conversation

92 REPLIES 92
Neil
Active

The clowns at three have sent me an email saying if I don't return their router they will charge my account £105 - but I haven't received anything from them to be able to return them - when they let me cancel they said I'd receive packaging and a returns label.

I got back to three customer service last week and they assured me they would send me out a returns label and packaging - guess what, nothing has arrived yet.

They also said I could choose to keep the router by just paying the £105 - but after digging in their T&C's it states you still need to return it even if they charge you the non-return fee - which highlights that customer service are brazenly giving out incorrect advice that will financially cost you quite a lot of money.

I've cancelled my direct debit with three, and will dispute any non-return fee with my bank, if they can't even organise a returns label for me to send their crap router back.

I actually thought three couldn't get any worse, but they somehow manage it!

Involved

Three are just plain abysmal.

Neil
Active

Just as an additional sprinkling of abysmal customer service on top of this delicious atrocious service cake... Three have sent me two emails saying they are going to charge me £105 as I haven't returned my 5g router - which I sent back several weeks ago.

Three: you suck.