cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three WiFi not working

Gavnor
Regular

My three wifi hub has 4 lights.. but the one under the envelope button is not lit up - what is causing this? 

8 REPLIES 8
Geluk
Key player

You need to specify what router model you're using; has it worked previously?

Gavnor
Regular

Yes it’s worked fine - up until now, sorry it’s the TCL Three Mifi 

KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Thanks for confirming @Gavnor,

The fault on the local mast at your home address wouldn't be causing this if you're not in this area using the MiFi.

I'm keen to check out the area, I'll drop you a PM requesting some more information and direct you to some colleagues who will be able to support further, if required.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Kate

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Gavnor
Regular

Thank you I have replied

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Gavnor,

Here's a link to TCL's support page for the MiFi. It looks like the light with the envelope is the one to indicate your SIM has text messages waiting, so it doesn't necessarily indicate any issue.

Can you let us know a little bit more about the issue? For example, are you unable to connect to the MiFi, or is there an issue with connected devices accessing the Internet? Let us know a bit more and we might be able to give more advice.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Gavnor
Regular

All of the blue lights were on - and then suddenly the one with the envelope was off and it wasn’t working at all. 

I use the midi down in porthcawl - but it is registered to my home address. There is a fault on the nearest mast in my home address, but this shouldn’t affect the mifi in porthcawl, an hour away, surely? 

Geluk
Key player

Put the PORTHCAWL postcode into 3's NETWORK COVERAGE page to see if there are local issues.

Gavnor
Regular

Says it’s all fine, even in my home town! It’s now back to no red lights - 2 normal lights, then the envelope one is off