cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three rolling out 5G Hubs with old firmware

cabte
Regular

Who's received their new zyxel NR5103e Hub and unable to get 5G.

Thats because the firmware version is v1.00(ACBJ.000b8.and won't connect to 5G network.

The Hubs need to be updated to firmware v1.00(ACBJ.000b10 to work. so, you may be asking how do i know, Since Friday I've had the same problem so after speaking to Three and they said there's nothing wrong with the firmware and there all up to date they gave me Zyxel Phone number and told me they will fix the problem and speaking to them they weren't too happy that Three was giving their direct number. They advised me to get back in touch with Three as they had to update to their firmware V10, again three didn't have a clue. So doing some research i found a website with quite a few people all complaining about the same issue all running on v1.00(ACBJ.000b8. with a handful of people with no issues but they are running their Hub on v1.00(ACBJ.000b10. There was one person able to update it from V8 to V10 by leaving it overnight. and now has full access to 5G.
come on three get this sorted you're not doing yourself any favours by leaving people with no internet that just needs a simple fix.

4 REPLIES 4
fr2uk
Fledgling

I've received mine a few hours ago and can confirm that my hub is running on v1.00(ACBJ.000b8 and does not connect to 5G, only to LTE.

I contacted their technical support and they told me to wait 24h. My understanding is that the hub should upgrade itself overnight if left plugged in.

If that does not happen, I will cancel my home broadband tomorrow. I specifically purchased this for its 5G capabilities. 

DialupInternerd
Fledgling

I received my Zyxel hub today with firmware version V1.00(ACBJ.0)b9 - unable to connect to 5G, only LTE. I'll report back in a few days if any magic firmware update has occurred overnight.

DialupInternerd
Fledgling

No update overnight, still on b9 firmware and LTE only.

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi there. 

Sorry you were still having issues after the over night. Can you confirm if the device has finally updated for you? 

Pete.