cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upnp unsuccessful

richardogden
Fledgling

Hi

I've just tried connecting my xBox 1 to my 3 router (ZTE MC888) and I'm getting upnp unsuccessful message

I log onto the router and there's no option to resolve it

Any advice??!

5 REPLIES 5
Dbrant
Fledgling

I am also having the same issue, worked fine about a month ago now receiving UpNp error.

MZone
Maestro

Call 333 option 4 option 3 and option 3 to discuss your issue with tech support.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @richardogden@Dbrant,

Assuming you've found and activated UPNP in your router's admin settings and the error still persists, there's one other issue we've seen that sometimes affects connections with consoles. You can also set a manual APN profile for the 3internet APN and set this to IPv4 only instead of using IPv6. There's more info about this here: FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection 

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Andypandy
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan,  I am also having the same issue. There seems to be no option in my router advanced settings to change to upnp. Please could you advise where I find the option to activate upnp? Thanks in advance 

DanH
Regular

@richardogden  @Andypandy  is the issue preventing Xbox online gaming? I find both XBOX and Playstation gaming will work with and without UPNP.  I have the same make and model of router - ZTE MC888. The UPNP on/off switch is found as follows

1. router login details are shown on a sticker on the side the router, usually all you need to do is open 192.168.0.1 on a browser with login "user" password as shown on the sticker

2. icon for the advance settings is on the bottom half of the first screen, click here then firewall then UPNP

try the reboot the router and then reboot the console. As @JonathanB  says you might find enabling UPNP doesn't actually resolve online gaming issues, and you will need to manually set an IPv4 profile as per the link shared above.

More information that you probably don't need to know

UPNP helps to automatically open the required ports. These ports must be open to connect to the Xbox network:

• Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)
  • Port 500 (UDP)
  • Port 3544 (UDP)
  • Port 4500 (UDP)

Instead of UPNP you can manually enable these ports for the Xbox using port forwarding (also found under firewall settings). When these ports are accessible your Xbox will report NAT type is open. However, as I say at the beginning, none of these settings should be needed!