cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN Block

Shane470
Regular

My router has worked perfectly with my company's VPN for over a year but 3 weeks ago it suddenly stopped working and would not connect to the VPN. I liased a lot with the Three support team and my companies IT department who tried everything. I even bought the new 5G "working from home hub" which also persisted with the same issue. The VP  connects without a problem when using different networks.

I was then informes by the Three team that they updated their system which is causing the block on VPNs. The problem has been going on for 3 weeks now and they they have yet to resolve it.

I am thinking the quickest way to resolve the issue is to change network provider to one that does not block thr VPN.

There is a lot of people within my company who are having the same issue. Some have already changed provider which fixed it immediately.

20 REPLIES 20
Avondale
Rising star

If you search for VPN on this forum, you will note that this is a recurring topic of conversation. 

Shane470
Regular

Yes but there has not been any solution to fix the issue. This issue will continue to grow larger with people working from home through their companies VPNs until Three unblock the VPNs

Avondale
Rising star

Don't hold your breath for Three to sort it out @Shane470 as folks have been requesting resolution for ages.  

Anvil_Iron
Rising star

Have you tried disabling the adult filter to see if this works?

Please refer to @sc1999 comments Solved: Adult content filter - Three Community - 11819

My wife uses VPN for work at home and she doesn't have any problems connecting once disabled. 

Avondale
Rising star

This issue seems to vary depending on the VPN in use. My employer uses Cisco AnyConnect and that is fine - a bit of trial and error will come in handy, such as trying the suggestion by @Anvil_Iron above.  

AX
Active

I have a similar problem with work VPN starting about 3-4 weeks ago. If it does eventually connect, the upload speed is never more than 0.5 Mbps. It works fine taking my laptop to another location and using a different broadband service.  It worked perfectly for over a year until about 3-4 weeks ago.

Three5GVPN
Regular

Is the VPN that you use called Pulse Secure or ivanti ? 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Everyone,

I've noticed a few discussions cropping up about issues using VPNs over Three Broadband connections recently. I'm sending everyone that has mentioned this so far a PM so that we can get you in touch with some colleagues that will verify your accounts, and gather more info to help us investigate.

If you're experiencing this issue but haven't posted yet, please add a reply so that I can get in touch, the more examples I can gather, the easier it should be for our support teams to pinpoint what's causing the issues.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Avondale
Rising star

😃