cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN Block

Shane470
Regular

My router has worked perfectly with my company's VPN for over a year but 3 weeks ago it suddenly stopped working and would not connect to the VPN. I liased a lot with the Three support team and my companies IT department who tried everything. I even bought the new 5G "working from home hub" which also persisted with the same issue. The VP  connects without a problem when using different networks.

I was then informes by the Three team that they updated their system which is causing the block on VPNs. The problem has been going on for 3 weeks now and they they have yet to resolve it.

I am thinking the quickest way to resolve the issue is to change network provider to one that does not block thr VPN.

There is a lot of people within my company who are having the same issue. Some have already changed provider which fixed it immediately.

20 REPLIES 20
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Avondale,

Just to double check, if I've followed your posts correctly then you use Cisco's VPN service and you haven't been having any major issues with this?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

Avondale
Rising star

Hello @JonathanB 

I do not have Three broadband but I do have two different Three SIMs in two different Samsung 'phones - an A54 (5G) with a Three data-SIM therein and a S9+ (4G) with an ordinary Three SIM therein. 

My employer uses Cisco AnyConnect VPN. If I create a mobile hotspot on either of these 'phones, internet via my Three SIMs works perfectly with the VPN. And on the A54 (5G) 'phone, I am getting 400Mbps download speeds which is "nice". .  

I will invest in Three broadband once this VPN issue is resolved, particularly as Three have just applied to erect a 20 metre mobile tower about a hundred yards from my home - that should give me even better speeds.  

I hope that's clear as this VPN issue has been hanging around for a while on this forum and does really need resolving. 

Thanks.

PS for completeness, i would add that the VPN is on a Microsoft Surface laptop.    

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

If you're experiencing issues with VPNs can you try the suggestions on the thread FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection  

Let me know if the info there helps.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Threesince2001
Fledgling

That helped thank you.  And saw you in many threads, thanks for helping me join the dots to solve.  And @Anvil_Iron , thank you!

NR5103E.  Had it 10 months, no probs - always connected.  Then router lost connection overnight.  Restarted it.  Internet & smart devices connected but not Work VPN.  Arrived here 🙂  Took these steps to solve:

On side bar...
Network Setting > Broadband > Cellular APN
Modify #1

APN1.PNG

To this...

APN2.PNG

OK, restart router.  2 mins later all is well with my work VPN connection and is as quick as before.

dguru
Fledgling

Hello: I've been having a similar problem for the past 3-4 weeks using 5G Broadband with Three. The IT department of my organisation tried all sorts including changing channels, but none of it worked. The funny thing is it worked for weeks earlier. The IT department of my organisation thinks the broadband provider must have changed some settings. I get all sorts of error message- 'the page is offline, check your connectivity'; 'the site can't be reached'; ER_Mandatory_Proxy_configuration_failed' amongst others. Kindly assist.

In addition, it just loses connection every other 5 minutes.

Thanks.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dguru,

I've sent you a PM now to get you in touch with some colleagues that are looking into this.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

BerkshireBugsy
Fledgling

hi Jonathan

Can I bee added to the list of people who would like to use VPN access over their 3 account please?

Thankx

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BerkshireBugsy,

Can you let me know which VPN service you use? Is this issue frequent drop outs of your VPN connection, or are you unable to connect at all?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Watsokj
Fledgling

I am having this problem. Been sent a new router but same issues

sylfinger
Fledgling

I am also having issues still connecting to the VPN. Sometimes it works when I restart my laptop, and change my settings to allow IP Passthrough, but this doesn't last long and then the internet stops working on some of my devices so I have to switch it back off.