cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN slowness on Cisco

Psmithson
Involved

Hi,

I get great speeds normally on my router (NR5103EV2) but when I use the company Cisco VPN, I only get about 10Mbps (the VPN is limited to around 40Mbps so that's the max I can get). If I use my ADSL then I get about 40Mbps (that will expire soon).

I see a few entries on the forum about VPN's but they are quite old. Has any progress been made by Three to resolve this general problem?  There's some ipv6 settings that I will try playing with but not sure why I should have to be doing this.

Cheers

Peter

Best solution
Best solution
Psmithson
Involved

Despite changing it to IPV4 in both places, once I left the router for a day or so, it's back to being slow. Perhaps I'll put it on a time switch to re-boot every morning so that I get a decent speed. This is bad.

View solution in conversation

4 REPLIES 4
Psmithson
Involved

Well, carrying on the tradition of being the only person answering my posts, I found that turning off IPv6 support in the Home Networking -> LAN Setup page seems to have fixed it. Or at least, it's now 2-3 times quicker. It should be a solid 4 times quicker but I think I can live with that.

Psmithson
Involved

Cancel that - it seems that the re-boot makes it run quicker for a while. It's back to the usual slowness so I enabled IPv6, rebooted and now I have some speed again. No doubt it will slow down again soon.

Psmithson
Involved

Seems that there are two places that you have to set the ipv4 mode so I will try that again at some point. Clearly something that I need to try and let it bed in. Reply from "NG" on this following thread has nice screen grabs of the settings - https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Broadband/FYI-IPv6-Prevented-VPN-Connection/m-p/14851

Best solution
Psmithson
Involved

Despite changing it to IPV4 in both places, once I left the router for a day or so, it's back to being slow. Perhaps I'll put it on a time switch to re-boot every morning so that I get a decent speed. This is bad.