cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zyxel NR5103E

VM550i
Regular

Hello @JonathanB 

I am having some troubles with my 5g Broadband with downloading and upload speed on a PlayStation 5 console and all my devices. I have run an internet speed test on the device and I see that the download speed is around 20+ Mbps but the upload speed seems restricted. There is an error message appearing on the screen saying that the router does not support IP packet fragmentation and to contact my service provider for help.

I’m currently using wired Connection, I tried both Wi-Fi and Wired but both the same, my 5g Broadband is Currently placed by the window, signal is Excellent.

When I first received the router, I was getting over 300Mbps but now getting 20-50Mbps,

Gaming is Unplayable, very laggy every time I tried to play a game either on my computer or Console it will just completely disconnect from the game, am now unable to play any games

And now since yesterday, if trying to download something or games on The PS5 , the broadband disconnects. I have to turn it off and back on again.

I’ve tried to move it around to see where I get better signal but made no difference

Zyxel NR5103E

: B12

18 REPLIES 18
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @VM550i,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I'm inclined to think that this will be down to some sort of local mast issue given the drop in speeds. do the lower speeds coincide with this, or were you already having issues gaming when you were pulling in 300Mbps+?

Have you spoken to the Broadband and Tech teams about these issues?

Let me know and I'll check the best way to get this looked into for you.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

VM550i
Regular

Hello Jonathan,

In the first month of having the router there were absolutely no issues with gaming or download speed even though there were work going on in my area all of a sudden It loses internet connection while trying to download a game on my Console PS5 or Xbox

After 1 to 2 minutes when download has started, the lights are still on the router, It Loses Internet connection, the only way is to reboot the router and it’s back to normal but if I try to download again, same thing happens

I have not contacted Broadband and Tech teams about these issues yet

Thanks

VM550i
Regular

Update 

Was updating my apps yesterday on my IPhone, same thing happened, internet connection dropped 

So anything that I download or update I lose internet connection, I’m now stuck like this cannot download or update anything 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @VM550i,

I'm sorry to hear this has gotten worse over the weekend.

Just to clarify there, so the iPhone is connecting over mobile data from another Three SIM, or was this also on Wi-Fi with your router? 

Let me know either way and I'll look into how we can direct you to more help with this.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

VM550i
Regular

Hello JonathanB,

It was connected with Wi-Fi on the router 

Thanks

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @VM550i,

So sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this.

It seems like we've narrowed this down to either a mast issue, or a problem with the router itself. Do you have any other Three lines, or just this Broadband?

If you were able to test the router SIM in another device, like a phone or MiFi, assuming another router isn't available, this may help eliminate whether this is definitely due to the network issues or not.

I'm sending under the assumption that you've not been able to check another Three SIM in the area already, to confirm if speeds/downloads seem to be a general issue in the area, or just with this router?

Thanks,
Jonathan

VM550i
Regular

Hello JonathanB,

Sorry for the late response, I just tried the sim in my IPhone 14 Pro Max and I’m not getting any drop out, it seems to be the router.

Not sure if the router is faulty, as I was on holiday just came back and tried to download some games but keeps getting disconnected from the router after 5 min but when tried it on my phone, it seems to work without any issues

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

No worries, thanks for coming back to me, and thanks so much for your patience. I'll send a PM to refer you over to some colleagues. Hopefully we can arrange to swap the router, as it does seem like there could be a hardware fault causing these problems.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @VM550i,

Another user has flagged issues with PS5 connection and it might be a similar issue. The thread is: PlayStation network won’t sign in on hub it may be worth trying the settings fix they've listed in case it also helps with the issues you're facing too.

I do suspect that there is also a local network issue affecting you, but let me know if with the suggestions on this other thread I've linked help or not.

Thanks,
JonathanB