cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adult content filter blocked art site

FlittLocke
Active

I can no longer access DeviantArt because of the safelock. I'd like to point out it's a pg13 site, so should not be blocked.

It is very annoying not being able to post on there when it's one of very few decent art sites.

17 REPLIES 17
The_Stranger
Regular

Had the same problem as you. I use a certain art site to upload my work, but one day Three decided to block it. They said they wont unblock it because it's too easy to turn the adult filter off on that site. Since there's no way for me to get them to unblock the site or turn off the filter, I just had to use a VPN. It's a silly, overbearing, nannying company.

FlittLocke
Active

If you look back through my other posts you'll see the reason for this.
But basically the damn impossible to turn off filter has blocked an art site I kinda need access to. For the past couple of days I had access to the site again, so I thought the issue was resolved.

Wrong. It's blocked again.

Just either unblock it or remove that stupid unnecessary filter. Not being able to access a site I HAVE WORK ON for TWO MONTHS because of something that's not even needed is ridiculous. 

I'm so done with this crap.

FlittLocke
Active

Oh and don't give me the "The filters on the sites are too easy to turn off" crap. 

sc1999
Local celebrity

I don't get it either. 3 verify your age when they do the credit check so why do we need to do it again?

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey @FlittLocke 

The methods to verify your age and have the adult content filter removed remain the same as advised in other posts, so I’ve just merged them all here to keep things tidy. The options are:

• If you have a credit card, you can use our automated options by calling 333, or via the Three App or My3 online
  • If you don’t have a credit card, then give our customer service team a call on 333 from a Three phone or 0333 338 1001 from any other phone
  • Lastly, you can also visit a Three store with valid photo ID and the team there will update your account settings. You can find your closest store using our online locator

As with all networks, Three is required to follow regulations that block websites that are classed as containing adult content. The responsibility for the guidelines and reviewing of websites is managed by the British Board of Film Classification and Three implement their decisions following their review on whether a website contains adult content.

You’ve mentioned that our content filter team have confirmed the site in question is correctly being filtered, so you will need to adjust your adult content filter to access the site while using your mobile data.

I'm really sorry this is causing so much frustration, but I hope this helps clear things up.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

FlittLocke
Active

Well that's stupid, overly sensitive parental behaviour no one needs. Maybe it would be a good idea to make it easier to turn the unneeded filter off for people who cannot use those three options?

Also why would it be unblocked for a few days?

Miroslav84
Fledgling

I can not open adult 

Millgid
Fledgling

I know this post is a little on the old side, but was there any remedy to this? After joining 3's broadband I'm unable to access Deviant Art's website. Yet, I was able to do it on my old connection. Before you ask, I've already turned on the "Allow adult content" filter for both my phone and 5G Broadband.

Why is 3 Blocking me??