cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go Roam Around The World Extra

tarantella
Rising star

Will it be free to receive incoming calls and texts in Go Roam Around The World Extra destinations when these services become available from 26 June ?

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tarantella,

I had a check with my contacts on this and receiving calls and texts will be free. You only trigger Go Roam daily fees or use roaming passes if you access your allowances. So basically making a call, text, or using some mobile data. Whereas there's no "allowance" used when you get a call or text in.

I'm really excited to share more about this service with the Community, we'll have more info soon. 🙂

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

6 REPLIES 6
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tarantella,

I had a check with my contacts on this and receiving calls and texts will be free. You only trigger Go Roam daily fees or use roaming passes if you access your allowances. So basically making a call, text, or using some mobile data. Whereas there's no "allowance" used when you get a call or text in.

I'm really excited to share more about this service with the Community, we'll have more info soon. 🙂

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

tarantella
Rising star

Will it be possible to buy Data Passports in the 92 new destinations ?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tarantella,

Great question! Data Passport is a separate service from Go Roam. You can find more info on Data Passport and included destinations here. These include a mixture of both Go Roam and non Go Roam destinations, and allow you to buy unlimited data for £5 per day.

Thanks,
Jonathan

tarantella
Rising star

Will any of the 92 new G.R.A.T.W.E. destinations be added to the list of countries where you can use Data Passports (if not already on that list) ?

tarantella
Rising star

Or to put it another way..........

In all current Go Roam destinations (ATW and Europe) it is possible to buy Data Passports,  so will that trend continue with Go Roam ATW Extra ?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tarantella,

I'm not aware of any plans to change the destinations included in Data Passport at the moment, but I'll certainly pass the suggestion on.

Thanks,
Jonathan