cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it just me or is Three coverage THE WORST?

Issthu
Regular

Years and years of paying to have poor to no signal regardless of which part of the country I'm in (Scotland, Yorkshire, Wales, Midlands, London, Kent) across many different types of phones. Data signal is so so bad. Especially in London. My page is struggling to load even now (for a simple forum). I've called so many times and had silly offers like "we'll reduce £2 off your bill", "have you tried resetting/wiping your phone?", "We're sorry, we value you, turn off data then on again." "Have you tried turning 5G off?". 

The signal when calling is also so bad, I frequently get told people can't hear me.

Three is such an awful network, the only reason I was staying is because I have been on the same network for over 11 years. But its time for me to switch now. Terrible network.

9 REPLIES 9
Paddiewack
Superstar

Here in rural West Norfolk it’s surprisingly good but then it’s probably because the network isn’t so congested here for obvious reasons. That’s no doubt the reason your data throughput is so bad. Three keep saying they’re going to improve things whilst not acknowledging any issues but it wouldn’t surprise me if we have to wait for the proposed Three/Voda merger to bring network improvements.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Issthu,

That's really disappointing to hear this has been your experience of Three. We have been and are continuing to invest heavily into our network infrastructure, but if you're continually struggling to stay connected we can understand if you're considering leaving.

I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues who'll be happy to look into this further for you.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Elliemac42
Active

I’m exhausted with how often the network is down it’s rarely working & now there are scam calls playing on exactly this issue . I told 3 what’s going on yet it’s hardly being resolved 

Paddiewack
Superstar

I have to say I genuinely don’t recognise the network you’re describing! 

Elliemac42
Active

3 use to have a good reputation NOW they are famous for poor network performance 

Dreeeenagh
Fledgling

I only joined as they erected one of their masts outside my flat. I assumed that would mean good coverage, as mine as always been awful. 
But they seem to be having issues so often , with no explanation.
they even convinced me it was down to my old 4g phone. So I bought a 5 g phone and the service is still awful.  

Paddiewack
Superstar

I hate to say the obvious but never assume.However I can’t disagree with your description of recent network issues.

Ksmd11
Regular

3 Network and Customer service has gotten worse over the years while prices have increased. 5G is rubbish, 4G+ no better. After 14 years with 3, I'm moving to another Network in June when this contract is up. Had enough. 

Paddiewack
Superstar

Well that’s obviously your choice! Network is generally very good for me customer service I agree can be a bit of a lottery sometimes but I use the cheaper price as a trade off so I for one won’t be going anywhere. 
I wish you all the best.