cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlayStation network won’t sign in on hub

thenorthend
Regular

Hi, feel like I’m hitting my head against a brick wall with support. Had the 5g home hub for 2 months and no issues (only get 4g though in my area), suddenly today PlayStation won’t sign into my account. Initially thought ps network is down, no one else reporting it, reset router, PlayStation etc. no joy, then tethered PlayStation to my iPhone 12 mini (also with three on 4g).

Support literally don’t even understand the issue, saying issue is my end when proved it isn’t by signing in no problem tethering to phone, every other device and thing works at home; internet Netflix etc….so what. Have three changed to make this break?

thansk

Best solution
Best solution
thenorthend
Regular

If anyone cares, I figured it out finally by googling 8.8kbps as I knew this was the problem.

so using these search results from Google:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/threads/crazy-low-three-5g-hub-upload-8-8kbps-but-only-on-some-devi...

https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Network/Three-APN-Settings/m-p/5373

i changed the APN settings in the hub admin page from the address 192.168.0.1

If you’re on a mobile device you need to change the webpage from mobile to PC view then in the centre of your page you will have a title of “my router”, 4g+ should be toggled on then choose settings, then the bottom option APN. Then from mode auto to manual, and basically I added a new profile, named it 3 (though it’s just a name so doesn’t matter), PDP type is defaultly selected at IPv4 then in the APN field I just typed three.co.uk, authentication is none and username and password is none.

Hope this helps someone, my question is now why did this just suddenly happen today? Will this change again in future? And why don’t support have a clue about it at all, and try to blame me or Sony when it’s obvious it’s not the problem, since I told them repeatedly I can use the PlayStation with other internet sources. Goodnight!

View solution in conversation

39 REPLIES 39
thenorthend
Regular

Sorry wasn’t very clear, should have said tethered the PlayStation to my iPhone and works instantly, basically the only thing that has stopped working is PlayStation network whilst using the hub and it’s incredibly strange only this would break.

thenorthend
Regular

Have now tried literally everything, port forwarding, putting the PS5 in a DMZ. Wireless and wired, changing DNS settings, I can even watch streaming apps on the console whilst not signed into PlayStation network, sky go app, YouTube etc….

the only thing I can’t do is sign in online and play any online games, but tethered to the phone works perfectly. Honestly what has happened here? There has to be a reason

hazmuh
Regular

same issue, very frustrating. disappointed with lack of response from three.

thenorthend
Regular

Oh really, since when? Today is when it happened to me? Just tried some more troubleshooting and my speed test is 54mb down and 8.8kbps upload!!! Yes you read it right, 8.8kbps and it’s always been exactly that today, must be a bug somewhere in the router? Please someone at three acknowledge this tomorrow, glad it’s not just me at least but we need to figure out a way to fix it. Let me know if you figure anything out please

Best solution
thenorthend
Regular

If anyone cares, I figured it out finally by googling 8.8kbps as I knew this was the problem.

so using these search results from Google:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/threads/crazy-low-three-5g-hub-upload-8-8kbps-but-only-on-some-devi...

https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Network/Three-APN-Settings/m-p/5373

i changed the APN settings in the hub admin page from the address 192.168.0.1

If you’re on a mobile device you need to change the webpage from mobile to PC view then in the centre of your page you will have a title of “my router”, 4g+ should be toggled on then choose settings, then the bottom option APN. Then from mode auto to manual, and basically I added a new profile, named it 3 (though it’s just a name so doesn’t matter), PDP type is defaultly selected at IPv4 then in the APN field I just typed three.co.uk, authentication is none and username and password is none.

Hope this helps someone, my question is now why did this just suddenly happen today? Will this change again in future? And why don’t support have a clue about it at all, and try to blame me or Sony when it’s obvious it’s not the problem, since I told them repeatedly I can use the PlayStation with other internet sources. Goodnight!

hazmuh
Regular

thank you so much it worked right away

MCTurtle
Fledgling

I had the issue occur Tuesday February 28th. I woke up and my Echo Dots/Alexa wouldn't work. When I got home in the evening I discovered I couldn't connect to PSN. These APN changes have got me back online, thank you!

Also, I contacted customer services via phone and chat and they just were a cycle of nobody actually being helpful and similarly to the experience seemingly of most - it was my Echo and PS5 at fault. Ridiculous.

Chris_james
Fledgling

Thanks man.

Exactly the same thing happened to me on the same day as you. Three are so useless. Said they'll forward my issue to broadband technical support which takes two days and then they'll fix it. Surely should know this is the issue. But thanks to you, I'm up and running again. 

Cheers.

JonoB
Regular

Thank you @thenorthend!!