cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't call, text or use data allowance from my add-on after the system update at the weekend.

robandem
Regular

I had an add-on that was due to expire on 2nd October so I topped up with a new 10gb add-on last week as I was told there's a system update over the weekend.  After the weekend I can't call, text or use my data allowance.  I re-registered for a my3 account and yesterday I could see both add-ons with the new one queued, but I couldn't use either.  Today I was hoping it would work.  Only the new add-on shows today and it says it expires 2nd November, but I still can't use data or call/text anyone that would be part of my allowance.  I can call 333 but it's just a long queue.  I could text three for my PAC code, which I will be using if this isn't resolved soon!

11 REPLIES 11
twofinedays
Fledgling

Exactly in the same shoes. Three should resolve this!

Cloudyhill
Active

Yes I have the same issue too, my service was supposed to end on 30 September so I did my top up on 28 September thinking otherwise I would have no service from 1 October onwards, what happened was I did not have any data to use since 1 October, online account showing the new expiry date is 28 October but my data has been all consumed already 30 minutes after midnight, which is impossible.  Telephone and live chat support are non-existent, they just simply cut off my request without option to wait for pick up, I do not know what to do now as I have paid already and receive no service, anyone has successfully resolved this issue?

sgkalina
Regular

I'm having to go in store to talk to someone -- because this is garbage!

robandem
Regular

I've put £5 credit on (throwing good money after bad) and I can send texts but they are coming out of my cash balance not my pre-paid add-on allowance.  You need to fix this!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

I'm really sorry to hear about all the disruption you've been facing recently. We're investigating and resolving these issues as quickly as we can. Just to be certain that your account has been identified, I've also sent you a PM linking to some colleagues. They'll pass your info to the teams that are working on this behind the scenes.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Robnor456
Active

What about the rest of us?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Robnor456,

I'm sorry I haven't responded to your other posts as of yet. I'm looking into a few issues at the moment, so I'm sorry for your wait.

Just to be clear, we're looking into the PAYG accounts of all the customers that received the update, not just those that posted on a particular community thread.

If this hasn't been resolved for you yet, it hopefully shouldn't be too much longer. But just in case, I'll send you the same PM.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

robandem
Regular

This is still not working.  I can see that someone is attempting to fix this, temporary allowances are being added and then expire, some messages came out of included allowances at the weekend and then reverted to using my cash balance.  The original add-on that I purchased at the and of September is still not being used and now all of the £5 credit I have put on to cover the time it takes Three to fix this is gone.  I'm going to have to top up again, while waiting for Three to get my add-on to work properly. This is really unacceptable.

JCB54321
Active

Similar situation for me. My auto-top-up payment was taken on 27th September and I got the "Your Data Pack's almost read" SMS. However I do not have any allowances showing in my account (they all say "expired") and I can't use data, make calls or send SMSs. Online Chat told me is was a known problem but did not give an ETA. They refused to provide me with temporary credit whilst the problem was being resolved. @JonathanB  can you help please?