Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Go Roam in EU countries by using pay as you go

kttmtr
Fledgling

Hello there

I have been in another European countries for about 1 month, and I have to go for the next preceding month before returning to the UK

I understand that there is a 12GB fair use policy limit every month for Go Roam in EU countries, what I would like to know is that when is the cutoff for this fair policy limit?

e.g. I went to Germany at 10 Jun until 8 Aug, is there two 12GB air use policy limit cutoffs, respectively on 9 Jun and 9 Aug? After the first cutoff, will there be a new 12GB or available data (whichever lower) ready for me to use?

Thanks all and looking forward to your reply.

1 REPLY 1
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi kttmr,

Welcome to the Three Community.

That's a great question. The Go Roam allowance is tied to your account rather than any specific destination or trip, the renewal is actually based on when you originally activated the SIM. So for example, if you have originally activated the SIM on the 3rd June, then the next 12GB allowance starts on the 3rd July, even if you didn't go abroad till the 10th June like you described.

The other fair use limit is 2 complete months within a rolling 12 months, so that one is counting from your first day with roaming use, and shouldn't affect you if returning on the 8th August as described.

There's more detailed info on the About Go Roam page.

Hope this helps, if you need any further advice or clarifications on this please let me know. 😀

JonathanB

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!