cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase 5G Hub

RyanM
Fledgling

I have been using the 5G hub on a rolling contract while full fibre is installed in my area. I only have 4G connection but it has been enough but I need more a conisistent connection going forward.

Another network provider has introduced 5G to the area and has good indoor coverage at my address. I tested a sim in the hub and was happy with the speeds so called Three to ask if I can purchase the hub at the end of the 30 days cancellation.

I was abruptly told no and was informed that if the hub was not returned at the end of contract I would be charged £105 and the hub would be locked to Three services.

Is this true? I know a company cannot lock an unlocked mobile device but not sure what can be done with a device like this. I do not understand why I cannot purchase the item from Three as I doubt they are reused.

1 REPLY 1
KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @RyanM,

Welcome to the Three Community.

The information provided is correct. Where we have provided any 5G equipment this equipment is not owned by you and is loaned to you for the duration of you taking our Services.

When you complete your contract or choose to leave the contract, you must return the 5G Equipment. If you do not return the 5G Equipment within 28 days we will charge you a non-return charge which is the £105 charge previously mentioned. This is detailed in the T&Cs of the contract.

Payment of the non-return charge does not transfer ownership of the 5G Equipment to you and you are still required to return the 5G Equipment to us.

I hope this helps answer any outstanding questions or concerns. 

Thanks,

Kate

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.