cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sky glass and Sky Q issues - three 5g home broadband

p1d9m73
Active

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else was running a sky glass tv off their three 5g home broadband? I'm having a lot of problems viewing on demand programs but it's very random. I can stream something on more 4 but not on my5 and certain movies on the sky cinema channel won't load either. I've been told by sky that it's a security thing, I didn't quite understand it but basically when I try watch something on demand the glass tv sends a request to the ip provider and sky are saying the tv must be getting the wrong answer so the program won't load๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ just wondered if anyone else is experiencing the same? It's only the last 2 months it's started happening, the 1st time it happened it lasted about a week and it's been about a week this time too. All live programs work fine.

146 REPLIES 146
Jamesw
Fledgling

I have this issue sky Q with the ZTE 4G Router, I can access apps like Netflix, YouTube etc no problem but it will not download content from sky on demand. I have connected the sky q to my iPhone and it works which is also on three.  

p1d9m73
Active

So I've found something a bit strange, I tried watching a film last night, Ambulance on sky cinema, when I selected it, it said it was actually playing live now on the cinema channel,  I wanted to watch from the start so I selected the on demand version, didn't work, the usual waiting to load, went back and selected live version and it played, gave me the option to watch from the start so I selected it and it worked no problems. Surely to watch from the start is the same as watching the on demand version ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

And changing the dns to 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 didn't work for me๐Ÿ™

p1d9m73
Active

So I tried again to change the dns to 1.1.1.1 on my orbi mesh router and its worked this time, don't know what I did differently ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฃ

pmf1
Fledgling

So I just joined three Home Broadband 4G+ with the sercomm LTE2122GR router to use with the new Sky Stream service. I am experiencing the same problems as described on Sky Stream, programmes will not load and the wi-fi keeps disconnecting - it is unusable. Does anyone know how to change the DNS to 1.1.1.1 on the sercomm router? I have been in the router settings menu and cannot find this as an option. Thanks

Nathen2022
Fledgling

I'm having the same problems but with sky stream puck, I've spoken to sky and know of the issues but no fix..my suspicion is the 5g hub works on a cellular signal as opposed yo normal broadband? This could be why some programs work and others don't.  Also it takes ages to reconnect after the puck has been turned off?

Mr_Mac
Active

So, I tethered my phone to the Sky Q box - I am on Three for my phone as well as my 5G broadband . Got a failure on trying to download on sky cinema - 'Failed - Not subscribed' ! 

So then I activated the Nord VPN on my phone -

All then worked perfectly, was able to download and watch sky cinema and on demand stuff 

Mr_Mac
Active

I went into the Sky Q settings > Network > Advanced, IP Settings, chose to set it manually and  I was then  able to  set the DNS to  1.1.1.1   (I left the IP address as it was) 

Bottom line - worked a treat , no issues - Cinema, On demand etc all work ok now

gromit2468
Fledgling

Just done this and it seems to be working ok now. Fingers crossed! 

Mr_Mac
Active

I got a new sky box (as they thought an issue with the box before i discovered this forum)

Set it up as above, but this time it is saying failed download and not working !

may have to tether via my phone and use the VPN until a fix becomes available 

Ryan26
Fledgling

Been having the same issues with sky q. Have just changed dns to 1.1.1.1 and all seems to be working fine for now

** edit. - now have Internet connection but still unable to download on demand content