cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky glass and Sky Q issues - three 5g home broadband

p1d9m73
Active

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else was running a sky glass tv off their three 5g home broadband? I'm having a lot of problems viewing on demand programs but it's very random. I can stream something on more 4 but not on my5 and certain movies on the sky cinema channel won't load either. I've been told by sky that it's a security thing, I didn't quite understand it but basically when I try watch something on demand the glass tv sends a request to the ip provider and sky are saying the tv must be getting the wrong answer so the program won't load🤷‍♂️ just wondered if anyone else is experiencing the same? It's only the last 2 months it's started happening, the 1st time it happened it lasted about a week and it's been about a week this time too. All live programs work fine.

146 REPLIES 146
gromit2468
Fledgling

Hi there, I’m another Sky Q user with this problem, keen to get it sorted!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @gromit2468,

Thanks for letting me know, I'll send you over a private message so that we can get your info added to the investigation. The more examples we can share, the easier it'll be to figure out what's causing this.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

steverton44
Fledgling

I’m Sky Q too. 4 months of no problems, then tried everything with Sky and 3, for 5 days now, and connection problems not sorted yet. In the sky settings menu, the connection drops off after 5 seconds then reconnects. This is continuous, so I’ve told 3 that if it isn’t sorted out by 21/11 that I will cancel, s the service is not fit for purpose. 

stevekn
Involved

ive also just started getting the  problem, sky Q connected by ethernet to a Three 5Gmodem, connection to router fine, but no internet connection, then a few seconds later internet, the again none, cycles continuously , resulting in failed downloads. ( and intermittent no apps nor home) 

good download speeds , Netflix on smart tv, on same ethernet, is fine.

Mr_Mac
Active

Exactly what I am experiencing, esp with the cycling of the connected to internet status 

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi, Stevekn. 

Welcome to the Three Community. 

It doesn't sound like you're having much luck with it either. The issue is something that's currently looked into, I'm hoping there will be a solution soon. 

To help the team investigate, I'll send you over a PM with some details of what to do next. 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

p1d9m73
Active

@JonathanB maybe a solution would be for three to roll out updates that change the dns of their routers to 1.1.1.1 or enable people to change it themselves, its seems the dns is the issue. Just a thought 🤔

Mr_Mac
Active

I'm getting exactly the same, noticed it a bit odd last week, full blown not playing the game this week. 

Reset. rebooted , hard rebooted - all to no avail 

Sky are sending me a replacement box and the customer service guy has been really helpful BUT after reading this thread, to me it looks like a three issue - please get this sorted. I have recommended 3 others to go Three home broadband , they're not gonna be happy and i want to watch my on demand stuff 

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi, Mr_Mac.

Welcome to the Three Community. 

I'm sorry you're experiencing the issue. This is currently something that's being looked into. 

I'll send you over a PM with some details so that you can contact the team and help us further the investigation.

Pete. 

Mr_Mac
Active

Hi Pete

cant find the message link to view your PM - I'm a newbie , can you advise where it is please lol