cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Roaming Not Working Abroad

JamieHalliday11
Fledgling

Hi all, hopefully you can help. I am on a pay monthly package with data roaming included. I have an iPhone 15 but when I go abroad, I get no 4G/5G coverage and I'm unable to connect to the internet without Wi-Fi. I am still able to send texts and make phone calls but my data isn't working. Data Roaming is also switched on in the settings of my iPhone. Help!

3 REPLIES 3
FraserC
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey Jamie,

Thanks for getting in touch, and sorry to hear you're having problems getting connected abroad. We're keen to get this sorted for you! It sounds as though roaming hasn't been activated on your account yet. Are you able to view this on the app, or have you been able to verify this with an advisor over the phone or on live chat? If it is active, then it'd show available partner networks that you should be able to connect to.

Courtschambers
Fledgling

hello, I am having the same issue! I have bought several data roaming packs - all of which are not working.. it says on my account they’re not activated, there will be an email and I haven’t received any. I need this data and it’s also hard to contact you!!!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Courtschambers,

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing these difficulties getting connected whilst you're away.

First thing to double check is that you've got Data Roaming switched on in your phone settings.

Next, if you're able to access the Three App over Wi-Fi, log in to your number, and choose the option to "manage your plan", on this screen you can check your spend limit isn't set to £0 as this may be stopping you from connecting for roaming.

If neither of these work, have a look in your settings for Network or Carrier Selection, you should have an option to set this to manual. This will then display all networks which your phone is picking up. Try each network one by one to see if you're able to pick up a connection on any alternative networks. (If you do this, make sure to pop your network selection back to automatic when you return to the UK, or if you visit a different country before returning).

If you're still not able to get connected, please get in touch here.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.