cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three Home Broadband: Zyxel NR5103E drops connection and WILL NOT RECONNECT AUTOMATICALLY

Involved

Extremely frustrating - every time it rains, the router drops connection and DOES NOT RECONNECT automatically. It has to be rebooted manually, which you can only do from home.

If you're away from home and rely on your home broadband to monitor your home and your pets, you're screwed. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Best solution
Best solution
devaraja
Active

hi @JonathanB , i dont thing the change was done on the router, because:

1. i check the APN and the wan setting before and after the talk with the support team and there was no change.
  2. i did manually change it to ipv4 explusively, then to ipv4+ipv6 and the speed was the same
  3. i did a factory reset on the modem just in case, and did all the manual change below including the apn address and ap IP version and still the speed was the same.

Only afthe the second chat with the level 2 support. i managed to regain the speed.

View solution in conversation

92 REPLIES 92
bulldog555
Involved

@456 @Anvil_Iron I do think the issues was down to APN settings because when I switch to EE or Vodafone, it have no issues on the same firmware Hub 5G. The problem always happen to both smarty or three sim cards as it must be down to APN settings (that use to be settings for mobile phone etc, shoould have another APN settings for home broadband etc)

maybe @JonathanB will find out and get back to us all with the correct APN settings!

Involved

Yes, please - that would be really good to know! 

bulldog555
Involved

@456Please try this as it worked for me now

Network Setting > Broadband > Cellular APN > Entry that is enabled, click Modify > Enable APN Manual Mode

Mine has APN = 3internet, Authentication Type = None, PDP Type = IPv4.

They may have changed the APN to three.co.uk

Click OK to save changes. May have to reboot router.

Involved

Hi. Thanks for that. I have already done it. I can't tell if this helps with re-connection issues until the next time it drops out. However, this has not improved our speeds, which are still abysmal compared to how they were before "help" from the 2nd line tech support team.

Anvil_Iron
Rising star

Hi, Have you found the connection more stable/reliable after support made the changes even though the speed has dropped?

You could save the current router configuration as a file then factory reset the router to see if the speed has increased but could be more unreliable. If this doesn't help, restore the settings with the file. Worth looking at the APN settings before and after a factory reset. 

Involved

Hi. Not really. The connection will still drop sometimes. It does not happen often, to be honest. That's not the issue. It's about the connection dropping when I'm away from home and the router not reconnecting automatically.

shadwuk
Regular

I'm going to guess i know what they did to your connection.  They set the band to 4g bands only and disabled those for 5g to see if you then get a stable connection.  Obviously not.  To check, do this

Network Setting > Broadband > Cellular band
Check its set to band auto selection
Check also its set to NR5G-NSA/4G auto switch

It WILL reboot after you apply this.  These are the default settings.  You can also manually set your bands from here, but if you choose the wrong ones, you wont get a connection, or will get reduced speeds (which is what I think your issue is).

Involved

Hi. Those are the same settings I already have. I do not know what they did, but they broke it even more. Unbelievable.

NT306
Regular

Same as yourself, constant wifi disconnects than need a restart of the hub.

I'm on second Hub in a week since first one was delivered that still does the same. Add to that awful download speeds that if I'm lucky reach double figures and wont lock on to 5g for more than a few seconds, yet same sim in my phone anywhere in same house between 250 to 320Mbps full 5g.

Looks like this one going back too and cancelling everything.

Involved

Really unfortunate. What's even more frustrating is Three's customer service.