cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whole network speed issue

Griz

Having contacted 3 two weeks ago and being reassured that recent work had been carried out locally, I’ve had to contact them again today for an update. The previous advice was that the issue had been resolved and to keep restarting my devices to see the speeds return to normal. This hasn’t happened.

Today I’ve been told that it’s now a nationwide issue and the only advice is to wait for the issue to be fixed. 

What I would like to know is, having already waited 2 weeks and still paying for a service which has seen my speeds drastically reduce from 100s mbps to 20-30 if I’m lucky, how long am I expected to wait before I can cancel my services without being charged a cancellation fee. I’m already seeking alternative options from other providers. 

8 REPLIES 8
Griz

Just to add. This is concerning both home broadband and mobile sims across multiple devices both WiFi and Ethernet 

Midnight54
Involved

Sounds like my issues gone from typically 6-800mbps to 15-20mbps, 30 at the absolute best on some tests. About 200-250m from the mast with line of sight.  Some sort of capping going on, you can get a bit more speed out of it if you eg download more than 1 file at a time or in blocks, the limit is per filestream, And then the last 24hours or so to more like 2mbps. Very little updates, I did receive a call back end of last week, a bit broken english so wasnt too easy to understand but basically they said theres a problem (without saying what the problem is or how long it would take to fix) and if I'd like to cancel immediately.......well obv if I do that I need to make some arrangements first for an alternative for work (which I may for 900down/900up for about £3 more).

The infuriating thing though is where is their statements if its nationwide, and their postcode checker still reports as if no issues at all across all the houses near the mast that I know are affected

Griz

Do you live in Hartlepool too? That sounds exactly like my situation. I specifically asked if it was a nationwide or local issue 4 times before they eventually conceded that it was the whole uk. I also asked how long I should continue to wait but they were unable to answer. I also asked what the actual problem was but they didn’t attempt to respond to that.

Sounds like your alternative is grain. Which happens to be my go-to too. Seeing that I have 2 x 3 home broadband routers I’ll actually save money but also get half price for 9 months. Would be a fool not to give them a go 

Midnight54
Involved
Griz

What are the chances 😂. I also live within a couple hundred meters of the mast (king oswy). I read your post earlier and it’s baffling how three can be aware of these issues and seemingly doing nothing. I’ll be glad when they ring me and hopefully offer to cancel my deal!

Midnight54
Involved

Ha same one.  However, not seeing waves of posts from other areas, so is the "nationwide" thing a load of BS and they can't be bothered to sort it, as it is more than noticeable when can't stream anything above Youtube bitrates

Griz

Nothing adds up so who knows. Either way you look at it we’re not receiving the service we’re paying for and we’re being told to wait for an indeterminate length of time. It’s just not good enough.

as a side note, I can’t believe we’re both in more or less the same post code 😂 

Angels

We have the same issue here on the Isle of Skye so does like a UK wide problem.  Hope they fix it soon.