Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Issues 09/02

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Everyone,

Following an issue with our network for a number of customers, services have now recovered. If you're still having an issue, please restart your device to reconnect to our network. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

We'll be merging any posts regarding this onto this thread.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Update 12/02 11:40

Some customers may be experiencing issues with our network this morning. Our engineering teams are working hard to fix it.

This issue is impacting our customer service channels, so please check our social feeds for the latest updates.

We are very sorry for the issues with service over the past few days and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Update 12/02 1420

Following an issue with our network earlier, services are recovering, but our engineers are working to fully fix it. Our customer service channels continue to be unavailable, so please check our social feeds for the latest updates. We are very sorry for the issues with service over the past few days and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

105 REPLIES 105
MZone
Superstar

Sometimes if they fix something you have to restart your device for it to work. I would recommend you switch your device off and on every hour until it works again and 3 have fixed the issue.   

PeeBee
Regular

Thanks, but I'm an electronics professional. My 5G phone sometimes gets a 3G fallback signal (a sign of desperation), but then suffers pdf authentication failure. Three are in total disarray at the moment.

PeeBee
Regular

pdp not pdf, crappy spellcheck.

JayJayJay
Regular

According to someone on another post, the best way of getting info etc is on Social Media.

If everyone goes onto Social Media and complains then they have to come up with an answer

Daryl
Fledgling

Perfect, I’ll see you there lads!

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

I know for anyone who has been impacted by the issues, it will have been a frustrating time for you. 

Services have been gradually returning for those who were impacted for a little while now, so you should be back to normal soon if you aren't already.

You can try putting the phone into airplane mode and then back again (restart if it's a Hub) to get things moving along. If anyone is having issues with personal hot spot advising them to contact Three, even after the previous step, then try resetting the network settings on your device instead. 

Pete. 

ElaM
Regular

I have been without WiFi since Friday evening. In NP7. When will this be fixed?

goldensungirl
Regular

Hi, as of today (10 Feb), I am unable to use any of my cellular data on my iPhone 12. Only WiFi works.

The error message I keep getting when I try to use data is “could not activate cellular data network PDP authentication failure.”

I have tried all of the suggested fixes for this issue, and none of them have worked.

I am in a rural location, so this is something that must be fixed asap.

joannablaine1
Fledgling

I’m getting this too! I’m central Scotland and feel like leaving three because of it!! I’ll lose wages over this 

forret86
Fledgling

I’ve got the same problem except I’m in France having just arrived from the UK. Despite having roaming switched on it won’t work, nor will my daughter’s Three phone. Never had this problem when travelling before and I’ve been with Three for years. Tells me I’m on the local carrier but can’t surf the internet - I get exactly the same message, “could not activate mobile data network, PDP authentication failure”. Absolute joke of a service. My wife and son are on EE and are having no such problems