cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working abroad in UAE

1burns1
Fledgling

My mobile is not working abroad, I have no ability to call, text or use data at all, despite me purchasing a data add on. I landed in the UAE on 27th. I need my phone for work and to contact home whilst abroad and I can’t do anything on it unless I am connected to some WiFi like I am now. There’s full signal it’s attached itself to the etisalat network. When I landed on 27th I received a few messages and then nothing. I’m unable to use the phone from my normal allowances despite the purchasing of an add on. Can anyone help?

2 REPLIES 2
t0t4n
Fledgling

It'll cost you to use your english sim card in UAE, if you're planning to be there for a long period of time i'd suggest you to get a UAE number. That's what I would do instead of paying extra, i'm pretty sure it'll not take you more than 20 minutes to set it up.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @1burns1,

Sorry the UAE isn't a Go Roam destination, so you should carefully consider whether you want to use roaming services there. Here's the UAE Roaming rates

As @t0t4n suggested you may be best to look into a local SIM, or you can also purchase Data Passport for £5 per day and get Unlimited Data whilst you're over there.

I'd suggest checking in with customer services by chat, and checking that International Roaming is activated, and that you haven't hit your credit limit, spend limit, or data roaming limit, as it sounds like you may have landed, then hit a limit for spending shortly afterwards if your data roaming was switched on in the phone settings.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.